Little Backup Box
Little Backup Box is a software that transforms a Raspberry Pi (or any single-board computer running a
Debian-based Linux distribution) into an inexpensive, fully-automatic, pocketable backup appliance. While the
primary purpose of Little Backup Box is to serve as a photo backup device, it's not limited to this specific
- Back up data from one USB storage device to another. Little Backup Box supports all types of USB solid-state
storage devices and all mainstream formats.
- Transfer photos and RAW files directly from a camera to an external USB storage device. If your camera is
supported by gPhoto2 software, it will work with Little Backup Box.
- Use multiple source devices. Little Backup Box assigns a unique ID to each source device and create a
separate folder for it on the backup drive.
- Perform backup automatically, without any user interaction.
- Use and control Little Backup Box via a web UI.
- Stream the backed up contents to DLNA-compatible clients.
- Access the backed up contents from other machines on the network.
- Manage the backed up contents using a web-based file browser.
- Push the backed up contents to a cloud storage service.
You can order an assembled and ready-to-use Tomodachi board via Gumroad.
Installing and using Little Backup Box
Basic instructions on installing and using Little Backup Box are available in the Little Backup Box GitHub repository.
Little Backup Book
The Little Backup Book book provides step-by-step
instructions on building, configuring, using, and troubleshooting a Raspberry Pi-based photo backup device
running Little Backup Box. Get your copy on Google Play Store or Gumroad.
By buying the book, you are supporting the Little Backup Box project.
© 2021 Dmitri Popov